Our letter to St. Joseph Medical Center leadership on the recent COVID-19 outbreak
Together with UFCW 21 and WSNA, we are lifting up the concerns raised by our leaders at CHI-Franciscan St. Joe’s. Our co-workers deserve to feel and be safe in their workplace during the COVID-19 outbreak at St. Joseph Medical Center, and our letter to management outlines the beginning steps of what we need in order for workers to feel safe.
- Rapid COVID-19 testing for all workers
- 8-hour written notification of any potential exposure
- Paid admin leave after a COVID test while awaiting results and for the full length of any quarantine
- Safe staffing levels during staff shortages
- Adequate PPE for all workers
- Equitable pay of the COVID Caregiver Award.
Read the full letter: