Vaccine Town Hall: Recording and Resources
Our union’s COVID-19 Response Team hosted a virtual town hall this week featuring union leaders and a special guest from the Washington State Department of Health to address questions from our members about the COVID-19 vaccine, the science behind it, its safety, eligibility, general recommendations and how we expect employers to manage vaccine distribution and accommodations.
Our hosts, Diane Sosne, president of our union; and Jane Hopkins, executive vice president, were joined by Kathy Bay RN, CENP, from the Office of Immunizations and Child Profile at the Washington State Department of Health.
- 00:00 — Remarks by Diane Sosne
- 08:05 — Remarks by Jane Hopkins
- 13:06 — Q&A with Kathy Bay
- 46:06 — Q&A with union leaders
Resources mentioned during the town hall
- Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- Understanding and Explaining mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination
Washington State Department of Health
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Have more questions?
If you have questions about the coronavirus vaccine, contact the Washington State Department of Health at COVID.Vaccine@doh.wa.gov. If you have questions or concerns about how your employer is managing the vaccine or other aspects of COVID-19, please contact your delegate or organizer.